Epicor Advanced Requisition Management (ARM)
Are you still processing paper invoices or requisition forms, or performing manual tasks in your purchasing and accounts payable departments?
In today’s economy there is no room for waste and inefficiency. Success is about reducing costs as much as it is about increasing revenue. Keeping tight control over capital and operational expenditure is a key priority for any organisation.
Epicor Advanced Requisition Management (ARM) is an easy-to-use Epicor ERP companion solution that gives your business the tools you need to stay within budget and manage spend limits, with automated processes and flexible multi-dimensional approval workflows. Your organisation will benefit from increased efficiency and communication, better control and reduced costs throughout your organisation.
How procurement automation can optimise your business
The key to efficient and controlled spending lies in your ability to empower staff with requisitioning responsibilities, whilst ensuring that contracted buying agreements and spending limits are enforced, and approvals routed to the relevant individuals in a timely manner.
Does this sound complicated? It doesn’t need to be. In fact, it is easy to achieve all of this when you automate these tasks using the right software. Your business will reap the many benefits of automation, including more visibility of your spending, and the removal of unnecessary steps and human error from your purchasing processes.
Plus, enjoy a level of sophistication that is difficult to achieve through traditional manual purchasing processes and smaller software solutions; with Epicor ARM’s budget and receiving tolerance checking, ability to provide more flexibility in requisitioning materials for jobs and a flexible approval and notification workflow engine.
- Greater control and visibility of business spend and the procurement process.
- Elimination of time-consuming and non-value adding manual steps.
- Standardised workflows and approvals across the organisation.
- Automation of discrepancy management and budget checking to stay on track.
- Compliance to preferred suppliers and pricing contracts.
- Faster sourcing of materials, goods and services.
- Less non-preferred suppliers being used, meaning less risk and greater cost savings.
- Better handling of low dollar purchases to free up time for managers.
- Electronic processing for faster results and less paper management.
Tight integration with your Epicor system
Epicor ARM is a tightly integrated companion solution for Epicor ERP that streamlines and automates the entire procurement process. This solution was built to extend the requisition and purchasing functions within Epicor ERP. It has tight real-time integration hooks with your Epicor system, giving your staff a seamless experience when it comes to the Epicor data that ARM uses and the transactions it creates.
As one of Epicor’s longest standing and well-respected Platinum ISV Alliance Partners , all of our solutions have been developed to extend the value of your Epicor ERP system. The development of the Precise-Epicor integrated companion solutions has been a result of the close relationship we have enjoyed with our customers to understand their core challenges and needs in these specialty areas.
So, whether you are already an Epicor ERP user and you are looking at adding Epicor ARM, or you are in the process of purchasing an entirely new ERP system and considering Epicor ARM as part of the solution, you can be confident in a seamless integration with your core Epicor ERP system.
Just some examples of how Epicor ARM and your core Epicor ERP system work seamlessly together to improve your purchasing processes:
- All or part of the inventory items from your Epicor ERP can optionally be made available in the ARM catalogue.
- Purchase requests can be processed for Epicor jobs and projects.
- Non-inventory requests for goods and services are linked directly to general ledger (GL) accounts, including budgets and GL splitting ability.
- Epicor suppliers and preferred suppliers are supported, including integration with their online catalogue or web store.
- Multiple location and multiple company requisitions are supported.
- Purchase orders, transfer requests, receipts and accounts payable invoices are automatically generated within Epicor.
Why choose Epicor Advanced Requisition Management (ARM) over standard Epicor purchase requests?
Standard Epicor purchase requests have been built on the premise that your purchases are for requisitioning material or a subcontract operation for a job that is part of the Method of Manufacture (MOM).
If you are a manufacturing business that only wants to make purchases for jobs, you don’t want to change the MOM or you don’t have a non-linear approval flow, Epicor handles this well.
If you don’t fit this mould however, or you want to be able to manage all of your purchasing in one place, Epicor ARM provides greater flexibility in the following ways:
- Epicor ARM provides a system of control and automation around the full procurement process, regardless of the type of purchase. Epicor ARM allows you to purchase both inventory and non-inventory items through the same catalogue, in an easy to use system.
- With Epicor ARM you can control user access and the functions they can see and perform in Epicor ARM through a wide variety of user settings. This includes the user location, the type of item, the (GL) general ledger account code and the preferred supplier.
- Epicor ARM has more granular controls around approvals, accommodating multiple dimensions at a line level. Sophisticated approval routing means the item will be automatically directed to the appropriate person, based on several pre-set criteria.
- Epicor ARM provides the flexibility to use an alternative material or accommodate an ad-hoc change or unexpected need with ease.
- Everyone in your organisation will need to purchase something at some point. Epicor ARM can provide a large number of people the capability to request and approve purchases, without having to train them in the Epicor system or purchase additional Epicor licences.
Epicor ARM key features
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty. Click on the headings below to learn more about the key features of Epicor ARM.
Of course, the best way to learn more about what Epicor ARM can do for your business’ purchasing, is seeing the product in action. Contact us to find out when our next Epicor ARM webinar is scheduled, or to arrange a one-on-one demonstration.
Mult-dimensional purchase approval workflow
- Route approvals based on authorisation limits and next approver.
- Route approvals based on authorisation limits and next approver.
- Design approval ‘trees’ based on GL account/account mask, Category/part class of the item or goods/services being requested, and/or location/site/warehouse the request is for.
- Automate the delegation of tasks to other team members to account for absences or team changes.
Accounts payable approval workflow
- Easily manage variations between receipt and AP invoice values with tolerance levels.
- Ability to attach a scanned copy of the invoice that flows through to the AP Invoice record.
- Easily add miscellaneous lines that appear on the invoice but weren’t captured on the PO, such as freight.
- Support of two- and three-way matching.
Real-time GL budget checking
- If configured, ARM will check the requisition amounts against the GL Budget linked to all non-inventory, catalogue and non-catalogue items for any ARM users required to follow GL Budget checking, real-time every step along the approval chain.
- If over budget, the user will be alerted visually in ARM, however the requisition can still be submitted, and the approver can decide on the action to take.
Support for preferred and one-time vendors
- If pricing arrangements have been made with your suppliers, ARM ensures these prices are utilised via preferred suppliers for catalogue and inventory items.
- No need to set up new vendors for one-off purchases, as this is easily managed within ARM and integrated with accounts payable.
Standing orders and blanket orders
- Create a standing order in ARM and then generate recurring orders automatically from this template, based on a configured recurrence pattern.
- Create a blanket order for a supplier where you have an arrangement to draw down against the purchase order; for example, a one year contract for maintenance services.
Manage supply bids with request for quote
- Easily create a Request for Quote (RFQ) for suppliers to invite them to bid on your purchase request.
- Centralised management of the communications between you and the suppliers bidding for the
- opportunity, including win and loss communication.
- Turn the successful RFQ into a requisition line to be submitted for purchasing approval.
Internal transfer requests
- Control if a material is requisitioned from another location, or purchased from a supplier, and whether it should go into stock or be automatically expensed on receipt.
- Requisitions generate a transfer request in Epicor after approval.
Integration with supplier websites
‘Punch-out’ to, or access, a supplier’s web store and add items to the suppliers shopping cart. The shopping cart is returned into the ARM requisition, ready for approval and subsequent purchase order to the supplier.
Epicor Advanced Requisition Management (ARM) will give you full electronic procurement functionality within your Epicor ERP system in an easy to use, low cost solution. If your current processes are cumbersome and cause bottlenecks, you need to consider Epicor ARM for procurement automation.
Contact us to arrange a quick 20 minute, obligation-free overview of how Epicor ARM works, so you can discover how you will get immediate return on investment by streamlining your purchasing processes.
Advanced Requisition Management Support
Are you looking for support for Advanced Requisition Management?
The Ever-Assist Customer Portal allows our customers to easily submit support requests and manage existing support cases.
Is Your Business ERP Ready?
Prepare your business for a successful Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project with our 12-step guide to success